POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Space&Rocket Center 16 miles (26km) away! [~38KBt Jpg] : Re: Space&Rocket Center 16 miles (26km) away! [~38KBt Jpg] Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Space&Rocket Center 16 miles (26km) away! [~38KBt Jpg]
From: Jay Raney
Date: 27 Feb 2000 18:14:08
Message: <38B8EAB3.8A8553DD@usit.net>
Yeah,
The rocket at the rest-area is actually closer to where I am. I remember they
erected the one you rendered as part of a celebration last year. You must have a
fairly high vantage point to be able to see these landmarks.
Hey, there is a new tower standing in Minor Hill TN I'll bet you could see. I
believe its a viacom tower. Its only been there a few months. Its actually right
behind my wifes parents house. Its 1/4 mile high, and the lights are _unbelievably_
bright, although the top light was out last week when I was there. I can see it
flashing clearly from all the way across the county probably 25 miles or more. Its
huge.

Jay Raney